The European Board of Veterinary Specialisation (EBVS) is a non-profit organization responsible for recognizing, promoting, assuring and monitoring the quality of veterinary specialists within the European Union.
More information about the EBVS can be found at www.ebvs.org.
Job Title: EBVS Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Reports to: EBVS Executive Committee
The management, implementation and communication of the EBVS Executive Committee (EC)-approved mission, strategic goals and objectives. The CEO will serve as professional representative of EBVS and provide direction and leadership toward the achievement of the organization's philosophy.
- monitor all of the activity within the EU veterinary political and professional arena, which impact on veterinary specialisation and the EBVS;
- maintain the continuity of the working relationship between EBVS and all other political and professional organisations within (e.g. FVE, EAEVE, ECCVT, EU Parliament) and outside Europe (e.g. ABVS), such that the interests of EBVS are promoted and remain active on the agenda;
- attend meetings relating to the interests and responsibilities of EBVS, including political or professional lobbying, fact finding, relationship building and, at all times, representation of the interests of EBVS, under the direction of the EBVS Executive Committee;
- coordinate and monitor the activities of the EBVS 1) Communications, 2) Governance and Code of Conduct, and 3) Standard & Quality Assurance Committees;
- manage the data flow extracted from the 5-year and the annual reports submitted by the Colleges;
- evaluate possible applications for recognition of new Colleges;
- manage all correspondence to the Executive Committee either in person or by guiding the Secretariat;
Specific Job Skills and Person Profile
The CEO should be
- a high calibre veterinary graduate who is committed to veterinary specialisation and who has experience in developing relationships with professional and political organizations and in management and communication.
- able to communicate and prepare correspondence and documentation in fluent English.
- a natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance.
- adept in use of MS Office 2000 or later, particularly Excel, Word and Power Point
- sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel (usually within, but not restricted to, the EU).
- residing in Europe
The CEO will report to the Executive Committee (EC) of the EBVS.
The CEO will be supported and assisted by the EBVS secretariat.
The role will be on a 40-60% basis (2-3 days per week) for one year, in the first instance and may become a full-time and permanent position, subject to need and funding.
The role will begin on Jan. 1, 2018.
The CEO will be self-employed and recognised as such by the relevant taxation authorities in the country of residence. Salary will be commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate and will be reviewed annually.
Candidates should send a letter summarizing their suitability, availability and desired remuneration, supported by up-to-date curriculum vitae, by email to Dominiek Maes at Dominiek.Maes@UGent.be by 31 August 2017.