The mission of the College is to contribute to the maintenance and enhancement of the quality of European Veterinary Specialists in the Health of cultured/maintained in captivity or wild aquatic animals, with the exception of marine or freshwater mammals, birds and reptiles, across all European countries at the highest possible level so as to ensure the improved veterinary medical services will be provided to the public.
The primary objectives of the ECAAH are to advance veterinary and related biological sciences and animal health care in Europe and increase the skills those practising in this field by
- Establishing guidelines for post-graduate education and experience prerequisite to becoming a specialist in aquatic animal health
- Examining and authenticating veterinarians as specialists to serve the veterinary patient, its owner and the public in general
- Providing expertise in this specialty,
- Encouraging research and other contributions to knowledge related to this specialty; and
- Promoting communication and the dissemination of this knowledge.