The primary objectives of the ECVECC are to advance veterinary emergency and critical care in Europe and increase the skills those practising in this field by
- establishing guidelines for post-graduate education and experience prerequisite to becoming a specialist in veterinary emergency and critical care;
- examining and authenticating veterinarians as specialists to serve the veterinary patient, its owner and the public in general;
- providing expertise in these specialties;
- encouraging research and other contributions to knowledge related to these specialties;
- promoting communication and the dissemination of this knowledge.