EBVS Communication Support Vacancy Announcement
The European Board of Veterinary Specialisation (EBVS) is happy to announce the part-time, freelance vacancy for a communication support person.
In direct collaboration with the EBVS Executive Committee, the EBVS communications committee, the EBVS CEO and the EBVS secretary, the communication support person will be responsible for providing support on all aspects of EBVS’ developing communication landscape, thereby contributing to the achievement of the EBVS strategic goals. The communication support person will serve as a resource for implementation of the EBVS communication plan, with the aim to improve both internal and external communication.
- Implementation of the EBVS Communication plan
- Sharing, improving and expanding the EBVS communication materials
- Liaising with EBVS national representatives on national communication needs
- Improving EBVS’ online presence, including social media. Maintaining EBVS social media profiles active and engaging for the selected audiences
- Help with designing and populating the new EBVS website
- Developing clear, specific instructions for colleges on how to submit material to be communicated (interviews with specialists, congratulations to new graduates, announcements of interest etc.)
- Reaching out to colleges, specialists and residents to encourage them to submit material to be communicated
The communications support person will report to the EBVS Executive Committee and will be supported and assisted by the EBVS CEO, the EBVS secretariat and the EBVS communications committee.
The communication support person must have:
- A strong affinity and experience with (mostly online) communication
- The ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience with the most important social media platforms for our target audiences (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn etc)
- Knowledge of the veterinary profession and its stakeholders is desirable
- Knowledge of EBVS and the colleges is preferable but not indispensable
- A good working knowledge of English
The post will be a 0.1 - 0.2fte with the possibility of expanding depending on demand and finances. EBVS can be very flexible in how the time is distributed, both in the day and throughout the year.
The EBVS has no physical headquarters so any European-based candidate can apply and work from home.
Dependent on the candidate’s profile. The candidate will be self-employed and will pay taxes in their country of residence.
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, please send your CV and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 20th of August 2021.