EBVS IT Support Vacancy Announcement
The European Board of Veterinary Specialisation (EBVS) is happy to announce the part-time, freelance vacancy for an Information Technology (IT) support person.
In direct collaboration with the EBVS Executive Committee, the EBVS CEO, the EBVS Director of Education (DE) and the EBVS secretary, the IT support person will be responsible for providing support on all aspects of EBVS’ developing IT landscape, thereby contributing to the achievement of the EBVS strategic goals. The IT support person will serve as a resource for the Colleges and EBVS in day-to-day business and to optimize the use of technology across the organisation.
- Ensuring the building and expanding of an efficient and effective IT landscape to
- reduce administrative burden for colleges and EBVS
- increase transparency, facilitate data sharing and improve institutional memory
- Managing Microsoft 365 basic and advanced functionalities,
- Supporting the implementation of the EBVS/College umbrella website project (Drupal 8 + CiviCRM)
- Providing technical support to colleges in the implementation of the EBVS-wide ExamSoft digital examination platform, with the guidance of the EBVS DE.
- Work with the EBVS committee currently involved in data sharing:
- Data Sharing and Best Practices Committee
- Prepare webinars/recordings to facilitate the use of the EBVS IT tools.
- Establish a rapport and manage IT related correspondence with colleges.
The IT support person will report to the EBVS Executive Committee and will be supported and assisted by the EBVS secretariat.
The IT support person must have:
- A strong affinity with Technology
- A calm, problem solving attitude
- Experience with the basic and advanced functions of Microsoft 365
- Experience with managing websites and CRMs, preferably Drupal and/or CiviCRM
- Experience with digital examination software, preferably ExamSoft, is desirable.
- Knowledge of EBVS and the colleges is preferable but not indispensable.
The post will be a 0.1 - 0.2fte with the possibility of expanding depending on demand and finances. EBVS can be very flexible in how the time is distributed, both in the day and throughout the year.
The EBVS has no physical headquarters so any European-based candidate can apply and work from home.
Dependent on the candidate’s profile. The candidate will be self-employed and will pay taxes in their country of residence.
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, please send your CV and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 20th of August 2021.