Diplomate Surgery for a permanent full-time contract - Dierenkliniek Orion (Veterinary Clinic) in Herentals
Who are we?
Orion is a high-quality and innovative veterinary clinic, specialising in 2nd and 3rd line veterinary medicine and assisting over 400 referring veterinarians.
As a team, we focus on evidence-based medicine. We have extensive, advanced equipment to provide this care, such as a CT and MRI scanner, ultrasound, microscopy, digital radiography, endoscopy, arthroscopy, fully equipped laboratory, as well as two fully equipped operating theatres, a spacious preparation area and two large, comfortable hospitalisation rooms.
With a team of 10 veterinarians (Educated with a degree/Certified), 3 apprentices, 8 animal nurses and 3 animal-care professionals, we focus on specialised care in the fields of neurology, orthopaedics, medical imaging and internal medicine for dogs and cats.
Take a look at our clinic using this link.
Who are you?
· You are looking for a (new) full-time challenge as a specialist-veterinarian within the surgical field, in which you can apply all your knowledge and skills, and develop your abilities to the full.
· You are certified as a “Specialist in Veterinarian Surgery” (Degree) and can demonstrate at least 3 years of experience.
· You are a good communicator and empathic. This applies both with the team and referring doctors, allowing you to properly understand your patient’s medical history and discuss treatment options, risks and costs with fellow doctors and/or clients.
· You are both keen to learn and strongly motivated to implement new innovative technology, and willing to write articles and give presentations.
· You are prepared to help the team in coaching our apprentices (rotating internship).
· You enjoy sharing your knowledge with in-house surgeons and want to play an active role in establishing an internship/residency programme for surgery.
· You are determined and have healthy ambitions.
· You enjoy being part of a team and actively contribute to a positive team spirit.
· You are customer friendly, service oriented, and remain focused on the client and patient.
· You are willing to be of assistance during certain weekends as a surgical backup.
What do we have to offer you?
· A full-time and indefinite contract.
· An exciting job in a specialised innovative clinic with a modern infrastructure.
· Opportunity for strong scientific growth within your field of interest.
· Training locally and abroad funded by the Nesto network.
· A pleasant work and team dynamic. You will be part of an enthusiastic and ambitious team which regularly makes time for a team activity.
· The chance to bring your dog to work, where it can stay in an enclosed garden (covered).
Place of employment
Interested or would you like more information?
contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org