The European Board of Veterinary Specialisation (EBVS) is proud to announce the part-time vacancy for EBVS Director of Education (DE).
In direct collaboration with the EBVS Executive Committee, the EBVS CEO and the EBVS Board, the DE will be responsible for providing coordination, quality assurance and technical input on all aspects of the EBVS college educational processes, thereby contributing to the achievement of the EBVS strategic goals (particularly “Assuring Quality of Training and Support for Residents”). The DE will serve as a resource for the colleges to continuously improve and innovate in their educational strategies and examinations, using evidence based, up-to-date methods. The DE will also guide the transition from paper-based to digital examination for the colleges currently making this shift.
- Serve as a resource for colleges by providing technical input on the examination processes;
- Work with the various EBVS committees currently looking at different aspects of education and examination:
- Standards and Quality Assurance Committee
- Data Sharing and Best Practices Committee
- Flexible Pathways to Specialisation Working Group;
- Guide the transition to digital examinations using the EBVS ExamSoft License and serve as an institutional administrator and ‘superuser’;
- Work with and guide a group of EBVS College ExamSoft ‘superusers’ to exchange information and improve the body of knowledge for digital examination and associated improved quality assurance within EBVS;
- Gauge interest/need for different education-related topics to be addressed and provide resources, draft best practices and give webinars on popular topics;
- Establish a rapport and manage education related correspondence with colleges.
The DE will report to the EBVS Executive Committee and will be supported and assisted by the EBVS secretariat.
The EBVS Director of Education, will be self employed, must have experience (at least 5 years) in quality assurance of higher education, a certified qualification in education (e.g. PG Cert. Vet. Ed. orhigher) and be up-to-date with the latest developments.
Experience with digital examination software, preferably ExamSoft, is desirable.
Knowledge of EBVS and the colleges is preferable but not indispensable.
The post will be a 0.2 - 0.3fte with the possibility of expanding depending on demand and finances. EBVS can be very flexible in how the time is distributed, both in the day and throughout the year.
The EBVS has no physical headquarters so any European-based candidate can apply and work from home.
Dependent on the candidate’s profile.