Equine Surgical Resident required at Oakham Veterinary Hospital
We have an exciting opportunity for an Equine Surgical Resident to join the team at Oakham Veterinary Hospital, Clinical teaching associate to the University of Nottingham School of Veterinary Medicine and Science.
You will be supervised by two experienced boarded surgeons, an imager and University of Nottingham medicine specialists. You will also be supported by a team of 3 interns and an exceptionally talented and dedicated nursing team that has more than 150 years of experience.
We are an IVC Hospital Practice with purpose-built and well-designed full facilities including 2 GA theatres, a standing theatre, MRI, Scintigraphy and excellent standing/pre/post/intraoperative CT. There is an excellent and varied caseload, including many high-level competition horses. We strive to combine the best of private hospital practice with the research and teaching opportunities of Academia. Rutland is the smallest and arguably prettiest county in England, with a rich equestrian heritage and central location, ideal for competition clients and accessibility for travel. Moreover, the region has excellent schools and outdoor leisure facilities.
About the Team and Culture
The team at Oakham Veterinary Hospital is made up of 9 veterinary surgeons, plus 6 University of Nottingham clinicians along with 3 interns and a 15-person team of nurse and yard staff.
All applicants must be a Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (MRCVS) member and have a veterinary degree that allows registration with the RCVS without statutory examination. Applicants are required to have completed a recognised internship programme or have the equivalent experience.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
· 6.6 weeks annual leave including bank holidays
· Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
· Your birthday as a paid day off
· Private medical insurance
· Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
· Cycle to Work scheme
· Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
· Non-accidental injury support
· CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
· Certificate support
· Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
· Access to Vetlexicon - our online encyclopaedia provider
· All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
· All our Vets gets £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
· Infection Prevention and Control Programme
· Quality Improvement Programme
· BVA membership
· VDS cover
· RCVS fees
· Pawsome Benefits - reward gateway offering discounts and cashback with 100's of retailers
· Pension - 5% Employee/3% Employer
· Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process. If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH8501 when applying for this role.
To apply, please email your CV to Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07816202690 for more information.