Essential Functions: Instructional Activities: Active participation in the following labs:
• SAMS 527 Junior Surgery and Anesthesia
• SAMS 514 Introduction to Surgical Skills
• SAMS 526 Introduction to Clinical Practice
• SAMS 528 Introduction to Clinical Rotations (Surgery)
• SAMS 515 Veterinary Physical Diagnosis
Supplemental teaching In addition to teaching in the core courses for the DVM program, faculty may be required to support departmental teaching in the graduate program and the pre-veterinary program as well as the Integrated Team Instruction delivery of the DVM program – a small group-based curriculum delivery.
Active participation in following courses/disciplines:
• Professional Veterinary Development
• SIM Lab activities
• DVM, VMD, or equivalent degree
• Applicants with a completed Internship program will be considered for the position.
• Experience teaching Small Animal Surgery in the Veterinary Medicine curriculum.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• A commitment to the education of DVM professionals.
• The successful applicant should possess excellent interpersonal communication skills and a positive attitude toward student enrichment in all areas of academic and practical preparatory coursework.
• Contribute to scientific literature.
To Apply: • Apply via the following link: https://sgu.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/5/home/requisition/1052?c=sgu
Contact us at
with any questions about the application process.