With exciting growth plans for the future and a mission to deliver the best small animal care in the northwest, NWVS is expanding and as such is looking for a Specialist Surgeon (soft tissue and/or orthopaedics) to join existing teams.
The successful candidates will join our friendly, proactive team of European and RCVS Specialists and will have plenty of scope to develop their own interests and clinical research.
As we’re growing, career development opportunities, such as Head of Service or developing our current residency programme further, abound. So if you are a Diplomate (RCVS/ACVS/ECVS) or residency trained, or have similar small animal skills and experience then we would love to hear from you.
Full or part time hours are available, as are job share and flexible working options to enable a good work/life balance.
Located in modern facilities Northwest Veterinary Specialists is an easy commute from Chester, Liverpool, North Wales and Manchester. Major road and train routes, as well as international airports, are within easy reach, as are beautiful national parks, forests and mountains. Find out more about the area here: https://www.visitnorthwest.com/
We really do have the best of city living and rural life on our doorstep!
Our specialities cover anaesthesia and pain management, neurology and neurosurgery, soft tissue surgery, orthopaedics, ophthalmology, oncology, internal medicine, cardiology, and diagnostic imaging (including on site MRI and CT); and we work closely with other referral centres in our group to facilitate clinical research and access to shared expertise.
As part of the Pets at Home Vet Group we offer excellent colleague benefits, including:
- Competitive salary plus bonus scheme
- Significant pension employer contribution
- Life assurance
- Private health care (plus reduced costs for family cover)
- Relocation expenses
- 10 days CPD with generous allowance to attend national and international meetings
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, with increased leave for long service
- Additional leave for personal milestones such as birthdays, starting school and moving, plus an extra week off when getting married or entering into a civil partnership
- Access to the Pets at Home Restricted Share Plan (free shares) and Sharesave Scheme (discounted shares after a year’s service)
- Professional memberships paid
- Colleague discounts on a range of products and services, including 20% off with the Pets at Home group
- Free parking
If you would like to join our happy, professional team of specialists and highly skilled nurses, and you share our passion for delivering outstanding client care and clinical standards, then we would be pleased to hear from you.
For more information, in complete confidence, and to apply please contact Louise Kurnaz, Hospital Director.
T: 01928 711400
We are always happy to discuss flexible, locum and part time working options, and are an Equal Opportunities Employer.