Orthopaedic Surgeon required at Cornwall Veterinary Referrals
Here at Cornwall Veterinary Referrals, we have an exciting opportunity for an Orthopaedic Surgeon to join our team.
This position would ideally suit a specialist/diplomate holder, however an experienced advanced practitioner would also be well suited to the role.
We have an established network of referring practices and a very well-equipped, purpose-built hospital with a ready-made team to support you. We have an on-site CT scanner, which is heavily used to assist with pre-surgical assessments and planning.
We prioritise delivering a high standard of care to our patients, and a top-level of service to our clients and referring practitioners.
This is a full-time permanent position, where you will be working 4.5 days per week- out of hours to be discussed at interview, including any weekend work.
Cornwall Veterinary Referrals in an established and rapidly expanding small animal referral business, which is part of Penmellyn Veterinary Group. We are looking for an experienced Small Animal Orthopaedic Surgeon to head up our referral team due to our present surgeon relocating for family reasons. There is an additional spinal and/or advanced soft tissue caseload available if desired.
About the Team and Culture
We have 20 FTE Vet Surgeons and 48 FTE Nurses in the overall Penmellyn Team. This position will be supported by a referral coordinator and 3 designated nurses.
To be successful in the role, we would ideally be looking for a certificate holder or diplomate to join us.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
Work life balance
- 7.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1500 CPD allowance
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon - our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets gets £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- £5000 relocation allowance
- Pawsome Benefits - reward gateway offering discounts and cashback with 100's of retailers
- Pension - 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH8471 when applying for this role.
To apply, please email your CV to Thomas at email@example.com or call