UE09, salary from £53,348 per annum
Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies
Open ended (permanent) contract
Full time, 35 hours/week
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated individual to fill a position of Senior Lecturer in Small Animal Neurology/Neurosurgery
This is an excellent opportunity to join our busy service, covering all aspects of small animal neurology and neurosurgery, the successful candidate will play a leading role in providing high quality patient care as well as the delivery and assessment of our BVM&S undergraduate degree programme and postgraduate training and education programmes. You will be working alongside two diplomates in neurology, two board eligible clinicians, four neurology residents, one specialist neurology intern and two specialised neurology nurses. Moreover, you will be working alongside specialists across numerous other disciplines such as Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency and Critical Care, Oncology, Cardiology, Diagnostic Imaging, Anaesthesia, Ophthalmology, Dermatology, and others, to provide the best possible care for each and every patient.
The Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies is an ideal environment to develop or further nurture your clinical interests and research ambitions from a campus with strong collaborative links. The Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies is situated on the Easter Bush Campus 6 miles south of Edinburgh on the edge of the Pentland Hills and houses outstanding teaching and clinical facilities (including on site radiation therapy facilities and a 3T MRI) as well as the Roslin Institute, one of the world’s leading veterinary research centres.
Your skills and attributes for success:
· Post-graduate experience and further qualification in Veterinary Neurology, ECVN or ACVIM(Neurology) Diploma-holder or residency-trained
· A degree registrable with the RCVS
· Experience in teaching, learning and assessment in a veterinary school or a strong interest in further your training in veterinary education
· An ability to work alone but also to supervise and instruct colleagues and students
· Demonstrable research output (clinical and/or basic science/translational) or a strong interest in further your research career
Click to view a copy of the full job description