Due to an exciting programme of expansion at our vibrant and busy multi-disciplinary referral hospital, Northwest Veterinary Specialists, and dedicated ophthalmology clinic, Eye Vet, we are now looking to recruit two Anaesthesia Specialists. The successful candidates will join our team of four ECVAA and one DVA Anaesthetists who run the anaesthesia service, along with our veterinary nurses, assist with emergency and critical care, and run the hospital’s pain clinic.
We are currently offering one permanent position and one maternity cover position which we hope to convert into a permanent role. If you are a Diplomate or are residency trained, or hold similar small animal anaesthesia qualifications or experience, then we would love to hear from you.
Full or part time hours are available, as are job share and flexible working options if required.
Located 0.4 miles from each other (less than a 5 minutes’ drive), Northwest Veterinary Specialists and Eye Vet are an easy commute from historic Chester, Liverpool or Manchester. We’re also on the outskirts of picturesque Delamere Forest, with the largest area of woodland in the country, and within easy reach of Snowdonia and the Peak District, so have the best of both city living and rural life on our doorstep.
Our specialities cover anaesthesia and pain management, neurology and neurosurgery, soft tissue surgery, orthopaedics, ophthalmology, oncology, internal medicine, cardiology, and diagnostic imaging (including on site MRI and CT); and we work closely with other referral centres in our group to facilitate clinical research and access to shared expertise.
Participation in an out of hours rota is required whilst providing continuing education to referring practitioners, interns and nurses is actively encouraged.
We offer excellent colleague benefits, including:
- Competitive salary plus bonus scheme
- Significant pension employer contribution
- Life assurance
- Private health care (plus reduced costs for family cover)
- Relocation expenses
- 10 days CPD allowance and financial support for attending conferences
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, with increased leave for long service
- Additional leave for personal milestones such as birthdays, starting school and moving, plus an extra week off when getting married or entering into a civil partnership
- Access to the Pets at Home Restricted Share Plan (free shares) and Sharesave Scheme (discounted shares after a year’s service)
- Professional memberships paid
- Colleague discounts on a range of products and services, including 20% off with the Pets at Home group
- Free parking
If you would like to join our happy, professional team of EBVS and RCVS specialists and highly skilled nurses, and you share our passion for delivering outstanding client care and clinical standards, then we would be pleased to hear from you.
Please contact Perrine Benmansour DVM MVetSc Dip ECVAA MRCVS, Head of Service, in complete confidence to apply (with your CV and letter of intent) or for any informal enquiries.
T: 01928 714040
We are always happy to discuss flexible, locum and part time working options, and are an Equal Opportunities Employer.