Specialist in small animal internal medicine, Stuttgart, Germany
Unique opportunity offered for a specialist in small animal internal medicine to enrole in shaping and evolving our established internal medicine department within a multidisciplinary small animal hospital.
Clinic website: https://www.tierklinik-stuttgart.de/th-en/
We are looking for a referral clinician who is ready for something exciting and new, with the passion and skills to care for patients, customers, and colleagues alike and be an integral part of a truly multidisciplinary team. The Tierklinik Stuttgart-Plieningen is situated at the outskirts of the metropolitan area of Stuttgart and the Black Forest and Swabian Alb. For more than two decades, we have been thriving to offer the highest standard of veterinary care within our specialist departments. Our 24h hospital is primarily a referral hospital, working in close cooperation with local colleagues, but we are proud to provide emergency care to all customers seeking help for their family pets.The team consists of 80 members of staff, with many experienced general practitioners and a large referral team including German specialists in small animal surgery and medicine, internal medicine, cardiology, dentistry as well as diplomates in neurology, ophthalmology, dermatology, animal reproduction, ECC and oncology. As a clinic, we pride ourselves in developing our clinicians and staff to further themselves in their clinical careers and offer an excellent environment to achieve a desired specialization.
We are looking for a candidate ideally holding a small animal internal medicine diploma. Alternatively, a completed residency training or FachtierarztInnereMedizin. You will be working alongside our head of the clinic, a multidisciplinary network of specialists, general practitioners, interns and veterinary technicians. Take the freedom to work up interesting and complex cases using our state-of-the-art diagnostic range and facilities. Your main focus will be clinical, work up of referral cases from general practice, as well as performing specialized procedures and mentoring other vets and technicians within the hospital. Excellent communication with colleagues and external vets is essential to this role. Therefore, German language skills minimum level B2 are required. Good team player with strong teaching skills- enthusiastic to share and evolve the vision of our Hospital. You will play an important role in shaping the internal medicine department as well as helping the clinic to grow to its maximum potential. Long-term career perspective: head of department for internal medicine.
- Modern in-house laboratory for blood analysis and cytology
- We operate our own blood bank
- Advanced imaging suite (C Arm, CT, MRT, radiology, ultrasound, endoscopy)
- Broad spectrum of intervention: endoscopies, percutaneous cystolithotomy, subcutaneous ureter bypass, endoscopic stent implantation
- Percutaneous, transvenous coil embolization for IHPSS
- Interventional Radiology for urethra stent implantation
- Chemotherapy (intra-arterial, interventional tumorembolisation)
- Intensive care ward, led by Dipl ACVECC
- Spacious dog and cat wards with separated treating areas, isolation ward
- Fully air-conditioned building
- Competitive salary and revenue share
- Individual onboarding
- Regular appraisals, career and development conversation
- Weekly Journal club
- Weekly rotating in-house CPD
- Hosting external CPD courses
- Extensive CPD allowance
- You are welcome to join our off-work activities such as yoga, running, book club and staff parties
- The hospital provides 3 recreation areas and 4 fully equipped staff kitchen
- Weekly pizza deliveries
- Dogs may be brought to work
- Temporary accommodation available
Curious or interested? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, we are happy to help with any questions.