Specialist in small animal surgery, Stuttgart, Germany
Unique opportunity offered for a specialist veterinary surgeon to enrole in shaping and evolving our established surgical department in a multidisciplinary small animal clinic.
Clinic website https://www.tierklinik-stuttgart.de/th-en/
We are looking for a referral clinician who is ready for something exciting and new, with the passion and skills to care for patients, customers, and colleagues alike and be an integral part of a truly multidisciplinary team. The Tierklinik Stuttgart-Plieningen is situated at the outskirts of the metropolitan area of Stuttgart and the Black Forest and Swabian Alb. For more than two decades, we have been thriving to offer the highest standard of veterinary care within our specialist departments. Our 24h hospital is primarily a referral hospital, working in close cooperation with local colleagues, but we are proud to provide emergency care to all customers seeking help for their family pets. The team consists of 80 members of staff, with many experienced general practitioners and a large referral team including German specialists in small animal surgery, internal medicine, cardiology, dentistry as well as diplomates in neurology, ophthalmology, dermatology, animal reproduction, ECC and oncology. As a clinic, we pride ourselves in developing our clinicians and staff to further themselves in their clinical careers and offer an excellent environment to achieve a desired specialization.
You will work alongside our great surgical team which consist of the head of the clinic, various colleagues specializing in surgery and anaesthesia as well as a great backup team of experienced general practitioners and supportive veterinary technicians.
Enjoy working in spacious facilities and our state-of-the-art theatres, equipped with everything a surgical heart desires, including extensive pre-anesthetic workup and advanced patient monitoring.
- Large referral caseload in both orthopaedic and soft tissue cases
- Arthroscopy, neurosurgery, ophthalmic surgery, thoracic and laparoscopic (minimally invasive) surgical techniques
- Percutaneous, transvenous coil embolization for IHPSS
- Broad spectrum of intervention: endoscopies, percutaneous cystolithotomy, subcutaneous ureter bypass, endoscopic stent implantation
- Interventional radioscopy for tracheal, urethral and vascular stents
- Neuromuscular blockade and monitoring
We are looking for a candidate ideally holding a diploma or residency trained for small animal surgery or, alternatively, FachtierarztChirurgie für Kleintiere. As one of the lead surgeons, you will have responsibility for managing a varied caseload of internally as well as externally referred patients and be expected to mentor other vets within the hospital. Excellent communication with colleagues and referring vets is essential to this role and therefore openness to learn German is paramount. Due to German veterinary licence requirements, a minimum B2 language certificate needs to be provided. Good team player with strong teaching skills- enthusiastic to share and evolve the vision of our surgical department. Career perspective: head of surgical department.
- 10 fully equipped operating theatres
- Four induction and prep stations
- Advanced imaging suite (C Arm, CT, MRT, radiology, ultrasound)
- Operating theatre and radiology accessible
- Two fully equipped dental stations
- Intra and post-surgical thermoregulation system
- Separate wake up areas for dogs and cats
- Intensive care ward, led by DipACVECC
- Separate dogs and cat’s wards with separate treating areas, isolation ward
- Fully air-conditioned building
- Competitive salary and revenue share
- Regular appraisals, career and development conversation
- Weekly Journal club
- Weekly rotating in-house CPD
- Hosting of external CPD courses
- Extensive CPD allowance
- You are welcome to join our off-work activities such as yoga, running, book club and staff parties
- The hospital provides 3 recreation areas and 4 fully equipped staff kitchens
- Weekly pizza delivery
- Dogs may be brought to work
- Sleeping accommodations
Curious or interested? Please contact email@example.com, we are happy to help with any questions.