The laboratory is part of the International SYNLAB group GmBH. The recently created Department of Veterinary Pathology already has two graduate pathologists in its team (a veterinarian graduated from the European College and a French veterinarian graduated with a DES Diploma of Specialized Studies), soon to be joined by a young pathologist in training. Currently located in French-speaking Belgium, Luxembourg and the North of France, our objective is also to develop abroad.
Our Department is currently focused on the pathology of pets (cats and dogs), with a case collection spanning over more than 30 years, but our expertise is also partly focused on exotic pets and eq-uines in a wide range of fields (dermatology, oncology, internal medicine, ophthalmology, etc.). The laboratory is a small and dynamic unit, with a human dimension, and is destined to grow.
Our ambition is to provide quality work at the university level, diversified, supported by continuous training, stimulation of publications, a close relationship with clinical biology and a drive for contin-uous learning in groups.The group SYNLAB has networks of specialist veterinarians at the international level (notably in SYNLAB Bristol/U.K., the former VPG Veterinary Pathology Group Laboratory), which positions it as a major player in this field.Joining SYNLAB is a commitment to professionalism and quality, within an innovative and constantly developing group.
In order to complete its team, the laboratory of anatomical pathology SYNLAB Veterinary Belgium is recruiting a VETERINARY PATHOLOGIST
You actively contribute to SYNLAB's ambition to be the benchmark veterinary laboratory, in close collaboration with the director of the veterinary laboratory and the veterinary team. Your main responsibilities are as follows:
- The work will consist of interpreting the biopsies and guiding the veterinarians in their case. Publication and research are encouraged as well as constant evolution in the field. Reading of histopathology cases, interpretation, and support for practicing veterinarians in the diagnostic process - Writing of results protocols
- Participation in the training of young resident veterinarians for a specialization in Pathology
- Active participation in the development activities of the veterinary division SYNLAB
- The candidate will be a college graduate and/or have experience in diagnostic pathology. Experience in cytology will be a plus but not essential, as training in this area is possible within the laboratory.
- Spoken languages: French - Knowledge of Dutch and English are additional assets. English-speaking applicants are welcome; French language can be acquired in a second step.
- Good people skills and a team player
- Sense of initiative and service-oriented
- Disciplined and committed to quality
- You join the leader in veterinary diagnostics and work within an international group in constant development.
- You will receive an open-ended contract, flexible hours, and a competitive salary package, commensurate with your skills and experience.
- The position is based in Heppignies (near Charleroi-Brussels South airport). Easy access from many countries across Europe and / or other destinations.
Do you want to join our dynamic team?
Send your CV with a cover letter in French or English to:
Your application will be processed quickly and in complete confidentiality