The School of Veterinary Medicine, University College Dublin invites applications for two positions of
Resident in Veterinary Pathology to commence September 2019 and January 2020.
This is a four-year post. Residency training is anticipated to result in certification of the candidate by the
European College of Veterinary Pathology (ECVP) (see: www.ecvpath.org) and The Royal College of Pathologists (see: www.rcpath.org) (optional).
The resident will also enrol in the UCD School of Veterinary Medicine professional doctorate programme (DVMS - Doctorate of Veterinary Medical Specialisation, see
paralleling the requirements of ECVP accreditation.
Stipend: €24,000 – 26,000
• A veterinary qualification eligible for registration with the Veterinary Council of Ireland (see
• Demonstration of interest in morphological veterinary pathology and in obtaining specialist
qualifications in the discipline.
• At least one year of postgraduate veterinary experience by the time the residency commences
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Highly self-motivated
• Ability to work in a team
• Fluency in both spoken and written English
• Demonstrable interest in veterinary research
• Experience in presentation/undergraduate teaching
• Postgraduate qualification/evidence of publications
Candidates should forward the following items to Frances.Yarber@ucd.ie by 23rd June 2019, 5 pm.
• Electronic copies of their current curriculum vitae
• Letter of intent
• Proof of post graduate work experience
• University transcript of their veterinary degree (translated into English)
• Proof of English proficiency
• Contact details for three referees
If you have any specific questions regarding the role, please contact Hanne Jahns or Pamela Kelly at
Hanne.email@example.com and Pamela.Kelly@ucd.ie.