University of Nicosia School of Veterinary Medicine
Dean of the School of Veterinary Medicine
The University of Nicosia School of Veterinary Medicine has been established to offer the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree starting in 2022.The mission of the School of Veterinary Medicine is to enhance the well-being and health of animals and human beings through research, excellence in education and service to the community and across the world.
The University of Nicosiaseeks a dynamic leader with a compelling vision for excellence to serve as the Dean of the School of Veterinary Medicine. The University is seeking an energetic leader who will attract and support eminent and promising talent, inspire the university to build upon its success and grow its diverse and inclusive community. S/he will need to have experience with academic education and research and be able to project aninnovative vision for the faculty that will forge beneficial partnerships within the faculty, across the wider university, and beyond.
Qualifications and Experience:
- DVM or equivalent recognized veterinary qualification, as well as an advanced degree and/or board qualification and a distinguished record in research or scholarship that would qualify for rank of professor.
- Proven leadership skills with experience in administration and management.
- Knowledge of the veterinary field and a vision on how this broad field will develop.
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to effectively lead and work collaboratively with many and diverse constituencies.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in planning, administration, personnel, and fiscal management.
- Proven commitment to the recruitment and retention of faculty, staff, and students from diverse backgrounds.
- Vision and ability to advance the research agenda of the School and the University, including interdisciplinary and cross-school initiatives and collaboration with industry.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Prepares the academic strategy of the School.
- Coordinates and supervises the functioning of the Department within the School.
- Draws up and proposes the School budget in cooperation with the Head(s) of Department.
- Oversees the recruitment, performance evaluation, and development of School faculty.
- Provides direction for the introduction of new programmes and new research initiatives.
- Ensures that students are provided with timely and accurate information and support regarding their studies at the School.
- Collaborates with the Medical School and the School of Life and Health Sciences in advancing the One Health agenda of the University.
- Promotes links with community/industry, academic institutions, and professional bodies that will enrich the student learning experience at the School, and the continuous development of the School faculty.
- Ensures adherence to quality and standards in all research activities at the School.
- Appoints committees for the study and furthering of specific issues.
- Convenes the School Council, draws up its agenda, and chairs its meetings.
- A Cover Letter
- A full Curriculum Vitae (CV) with a full list of publications
- A one-page research statement describing previous and current research as well as future plans
- A one-page description of teaching experience
- Two Reference Letters
The ideal candidate should be eligible to work in the European Union/ European Economic Area.
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate based on qualifications and experience.
Please send your application to email@example.com
The position will remain open until is filled.
Please indicate that you are applying for the post ofDean of the School of Veterinary Medicine with reference number F22UNSVMD21in the subject line of your email.
Only candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted.