VetCEE is currently looking for a CEO -deadline 15 April 2023
Call for applications for Chief Executive Officer for Veterinary Continuous Education in Europe (VetCEE)
Brief description about the organization
Veterinary Continuous Education in Europe (VetCEE) is a non-profit organization founded in 2014. The main purpose of VetCEE is to provide accreditation of national and international programmes for Continuing Veterinary Education (CVE) in Europe and to facilitate the recognition of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) between the various countries in Europe. More information about VetCEE can be found at https://www.vetcee.eu/vetcee
Job Title: VetCEE Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Reports to: VetCEE Board.
Job description of CEO
VetCEE Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will be responsible for the management, implementation and communication of the VetCEE Board-approved mission, strategic goals and objectives. The CEO will serve as professional representative of VetCEE and provide direction and leadership toward the achievement of the organization's philosophy.
The position is on a variable basis depending on the workload. The role will begin as soon as possible, based on availability of the candidate. Remuneration and benefits will be negotiated depending on the profile of the individual candidate. The CEO will be subject to the tax regulations of the country of his/her residence, as pertains to self-employed individuals. Remuneration for travel and accommodation expenses according to the VetCEE EC standard operating procedure.
- monitor all of the activity within the EU countries and professional arena, which impact on CPD;
- maintain the continuity of the working relationship between all political and professional organizations within Europe (e.g. national authorities, ECCVT, …), such that the interests of VetCEE are promoted and remain active on the agenda;
- attend meetings relating to the interests and responsibilities of VetCEE, including political or professional lobbying, fact finding, relationship building and, at all times, representation of the interests of VetCEE, under the direction of the VetCEE Board;
- coordinate and monitor the activities of VetCEE: 1) Communications, 2) Governance and Code of Conduct, and 3) Standard & Quality Assurance;
- manage all correspondence to the Executive Committee either in person or by guiding the
Specific Job Skills and Person Profile
The CEO should be
- a high standard veterinary graduate who is committed to veterinary continuous professional development and who has experience in developing relationships with professional and political organizations and in management and communication;
- able to communicate and prepare correspondence and documentation in fluent English;
- a natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance;
- familiar with MS Office 2000 or later versions, particularly Excel, Word and Power Point;
- sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel (usually within the EU);
- living in
The role will be on a 20-40% basis (1-2 days per week) in the first instance and may increase with time depending on the growth and needs of VetCEE.
The CEO will be self-employed and recognized as such by the relevant taxation authorities in the country of residence. Salary will be commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate and will be reviewed annually.
Candidates should send a letter summarizing their suitability, availability and desired remuneration, supported by an up-to-date curriculum vitae, by email to Sofie Moreels (Sofie.Moreels@UGent.be) by 15 April 2023.