Veterinary Ophthalmologist required at The Rowe Veterinary Group, Rowe Ophthalmology in Bradley Stoke, Bristol
The Role We are looking for an experienced Ophthalmologist (diplomate or advanced practitioner) to come and join our ophthalmology team.
We pride ourselves on not only giving the best possible treatment and care to our patients and clients, but also in creating a supportive and encouraging working environment for our colleagues. The successful candidate will have experience of working in a referral setting and be able to manage their own clinical and surgical caseload. This role will be a mix of consultation and surgical duties.
Full-time or part-time will be considered. You will be required to take part in a shared out-of-hours rota which includes weekends and bank holidays.
About Us Created in 2000, Rowe Veterinary Referrals (RVR) is part of the long-established Rowe Veterinary Group (RVG). RVR is a multidisciplinary, multi-site, referral veterinary practice based in North Bristol.
We are fully kitted out with the latest equipment including an Oertli OS4 phaco/VR machine, endolaser, high frequency ultrasound, ERG, cross-linking etc. The Ophthalmology team is well established with an excellent reputation. We are conveniently located near the M5 / M4 interchange and boast a superb set up within a multi-disciplinary Referral department.
About the Team and Culture We currently have a team of 9 Ophthalmologists and a team of 6 Ophthalmic nurses, along with a dedicated team of care assistants and admin staff.
Applicant Requirements The successful candidate will be a diplomate or experienced AVP with high end surgical and clinical skills and the ability to manage their own referral caseload. The most important thing to bring to the table is an enthusiastic, caring attitude with a desire to help our patients and be a team player.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
· 7.2 weeks annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
· Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
· Your birthday as a paid day off
· Private medical insurance
· Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
· Cycle to Work scheme
· Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
· Non-accidental injury support
· Negotiable CPD allowance with negotiable hours paid pro rata
· Certificate support
· Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
· Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
· All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
· All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
· Infection Prevention and Control Programme
· Quality Improvement Programme
· BVA membership
· VDS cover
· RCVS fees
· Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
· Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
· Discounted staff pet care
· Relocation allowance
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH7999 when applying for this role. To apply, please email your CV to Ciaran Connolly at
or call 07816202808 for more information.