The ideal candidate will:
- Have qualified as a veterinary surgeon for a minimum of 2 years.
- Be able to practice in the UK (and be eligible to become a Member of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons).
- Have proven experience in mixed, large and small animal practice or successfully completed a recognized internship..
- Be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Be up to date with current veterinary techniques and best practice.
- Be highly motivated and enthusiastic, and be able to demonstrate a quality approach to work.
Experience within a zoological collection, as well as the ability to carry out research and produce scientific publications is desirable.
Salary is £24,969.60 per annum for a 40 hour week on a rota basis (including some weekends and bank holidays
To apply for this position, please provide your current CV and covering letter stating why you believe you should be considered for our Veterinary Resident role to http://www.chesterzoo.org/footer/careers.
If you have any specific questions regarding the role, please contact Javier Lopez, Veterinary Manager, in the first instance at email@example.com