Veterinary specialist Ophthalmology (Diplomate EBVS/ECVO/ACVO or fully trained resident) for the IVC Evidensia referral hospitals in the Netherlands
IVC Evidensia offers personal care for all animals. Every encounter with animals and owners makes a difference. IVC Evidensia offers the best service by our people, clear communication, attention to and genuine contact with humans and animals. We work together between countries and between clinical teams within our mission We Care, We Dare, we Share.
As an organization, IVC Evidensia Netherlands is all about relationships, especially those with you. We believe that if you feel confident and happy with us, good results will follow. Our more than 2,600 employees give us a national face and a local heart. You will find our 280 clinics and hospitals throughout the country. What connects them is the pride in their profession, the drive to achieve the maximum result, and above all the motivation to do so together.
IVC Evidensia Netherlands supports scientific research, we have a strong international forum with various specialists and our Evidensia Academy, where we strengthen and increase the knowledge and skills of our employees. For the referral hospitals in our group (http://evidensiadierenziekenhuis.nl) we are looking for:
A veterinary specialist in Ophthalmology (Diplomate EBVS/ECVO/ACVO or fully trained resident)
- You will be part of one of our leading referral hospitals (several locations available) in The Netherlands and work together with a multidisciplinary team together with other specialists and veterinarians
- Your main focus will be on clinical work, including the diagnose and treatment of referral patients and ocular emergency cases as well as all kind of extra- and intraocular surgeries.
- You can share your knowledge and educate your colleagues as part of the Evidensia Academy team, if you like you can spend up to 25% of your weekly time on the Academy (instead of clinical work)
- You will work closely together with the Clinical Director of the hospital and play an important role in shaping the ophthalmology department as well as helping the clinic to grow to its maximum potential.
- As a specialist you will be part of the IVC Evidensia Specialist Panel, which consists of all specialists that are employed by Evidensia Netherlands. Together with this Panel and the Operational Director of Evidensia Hospitals you will contribute in continues development the referral hospitals
What we are looking for:
- You like to work together in a team where everybody can learn from each other
- You enjoy optimizing processes and sharing your knowledge with other colleagues. This is possible in the team you are working with, but also within the Evidensia Academy
- You have completed your EBVS/ACVO residency and either a fully trained resident or a Diplomate
- You maintain good communication with colleagues and owners, in a respectful, positive and professional manner
- You are open to learning Dutch
What we offer:
- We can customize an offer to match your specific needs and requests
- A competitive salary
- 25 days paid holiday leave and strong social welfare and pension package
- The possibility to be part of a young, growing team of motivated veterinarians and specialists that have the same goal: providing excellent veterinary care - The possibility to work for the Evidensia Academy https://ivcevidensia.nl/evidensia-academy/ We believe that sharing knowledge will lead to continuous development
- Time off for external lecturing is possible
- The Netherlands is an attractive country to live and work in. If you need to move to the Netherlands from abroad we have special arrangements to support you. Also the Netherlands has attractive tax benefits (including a 30% tax ruling for 5 year for mmany foreign expats)
- Generous time off and support to study for your exams if required
Curious or interested?
Are you interested in this job, please respond by clicking the button below (‘sollicitatie’ button) Would you like to know more?
Please contact us by sending an e-mail to Liesbeth.email@example.com.
We would like to get in touch and meet in person or start by having a meeting through Microsoft Teams to get to know you